Passionate about quality
For many generations the Weber family has had its heart in clothes hangers. It all began in 1868 in Brandau, a town in the Ore Mountains, where Josef Weber made the celebrated wooden toys. When he took over the company, Anton Weber, his son, specialised in the production of hay carts and some fifty years later the company began manufacturing clothes hangers. When they fled in 1945, Rudolf Weber and his family chose the 'Odenwald' region due to the large number of beech and oak woods.
His wish was to continue with the production of clothes hangers, so wood was going to play an important part in his plans for the future. At the beginning of the 60s, in order to meet the nedds of the market, they added plastic clothes hangers to the product range. Demand increased rapidly and, providing work for around 140 peaple, Weber had soon become any important employer in the region.
The passion for clothes hangers and the expert knowledge built up over decades helps to guarantee quality and at the same time to develop new innovations. Over the years measures designed to modernise and rationalise the business enabled Rudolf Weber KG to open new markets in Europ and overseas. Many of the products in our established range of well in excess of 10,000 diffrent types made from wood, plastic and metal are supplied to customers all over the world. However, although we trade globally, we still manufacture today in our own company in Bad König.